Blog Post Widget - how can I select a specific post?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:07

Blog Post Widget - how can I select a specific post?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2015 00:00

Hopefully this is a simple one- 

How can I change the blog post widget to allow a logged in user the ability to pick a single blog post they want displayed using the blog posts widget? This feature​ exists when using a custom content type I created with the module builder, yet the only way I see being able to select a single blog post is to filter down to the publish date. 

What I'm looking at when trying to select a specific post in the blog post widget editor: Image

Here's what I'm looking for (Custom Content Type): Image

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2015 00:00

Hello Jon,

Currently, there is no UI from which you can choose the blog post which you would like to be displayed. We have logged a feature request on the following link related to this and hopefully we will be able to implement this for our future releases. You can vote to increase the popularity of the feature request.

As a workaround, please refer to the following video for your convenience demonstrating how you can configure the Blog posts widget to display a single blog post by using the id of the blog post.

As you can see from the video, you need to open the Blog posts widget in edit mode and then to click on the Advanced button and find the ContentViewDisplayMode and make sure that it is set to Detail. Then please scroll to the top and click on the ControlDefinition button, then click on Views -> DetailBlogPostsFrontend and in the DataItemId field please enter the Id of the blog post you would like to display.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed