Adding a custom module give "Could not load type"

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:07

Adding a custom module give "Could not load type" error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

I have a working custom module but I need multiple versions so I copied it and renamed the files according then made changes as needed. I was sure to replace references to the copied file to the new files.

I updated my Toolboxesconfig.config file accordingly under my currently working module:

<add enabled="True" type="~/Custom/Forms/CaringTogetherLetterWhaleShark/CaringTogetherLetterWhaleShark.ascx" title="Caring Together Letter - Whale Shark" visibilityMode="None" name="CaringTogetherLetterWhaleShark" />

I then uploaded my new modules into the same place as my others, updated the Toolboxesconfig.config file and did a reset by doing this: "Administration -> Settings -> User Authentication" and selecting "save changes". I did this according to http://docs.sitefinity.com/administration-application-restart.

My new modules show up at the expected location in the toolbox but when I try to add them I get the error

Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.Custom.Forms.CaringTogetherLetterWhaleShark.CaringTogetherLetterWhaleShark'.

I've double check but everything seems to be registered and I've replaced the needed areas in the new files from the copied files.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

The SitefinityWebApp.dll has been updated?

This thread is closed