Events Widget Questions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:26

Events Widget Questions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2015 00:00

3 things regarding Events --

1. Is there a quick fix to make the time format in the events widgets to be 12 hr format instead of the 24 hr format? Can I just fix it in the widgets template? 

2.  Is there any way to change the information found in the Calendar widget popup? I wanted the time to be 12 hour format once again and I don't want the event title to link to the full item. 

Also -- when I create an event, there isn't a drop down list for the Time Zones. I have to manually type in the time zone instead of choosing from a list. When I looked on the custom field information, there was no css regarding the field.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Patricia,

Regarding your first question, can you please refer to the following forum post for more details about how to change the event time format in the widget template:

Date format

Regarding the second question, please note that currently it is not possible to change the time format on the Calendar event popup. We have a feature request logged in our feedback portal related to this. Here is the link to the item and its description. You can vote to increase its popularity.

You may also refer to the following forum thread where the same has been discussed:

Display 12 hours Date Time Format on Start Event and End Event in Sitefinity Calendar event Popup on frontend

Regarding the third question, please note that we have added the time zones dropdown field to select time zone when creating the event in Sitefinity 7.0 as noted in the release notes.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2015 00:00

Sabrie -- Thank you for answering. For my third question, I did have the dropdown field functionality for the time zone before. I am also using version 8. My question is why all of a sudden it is gone and now I have to manually type it in instead of choosing it from the list. Is there anything I can do on my end to have the dropdown functionality again? 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Patricia,

What I assume is that your event is an all day event since in this case the dropdown with the time zones is not available.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed