Making Sitefinity's navigation Menu responsive..."H

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:02

Making Sitefinity's navigation Menu responsive..."Hamburger type menu"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2015 00:00

I'm new to sitefinity.   Right now I have the standard sitefinity navigation on the top of our site.  I'd like to make it mobile friendly so it's like the bootstrap hamburger menu here:

getbootstrap.com/.../

​This menu collapses down into a hamburger icon on mobile devices.   I'm not sure where to start.  Is this built in under a menu layout template?  Do I need to create a new layout template for the navigation that supports this?   I'm having trouble finding any documentation/tutorials supporting this type of menu..

Thanks for the help!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Ray,

You can use the Responsive Design Module, where to set the Responsive rules and Navigation transformation.

Alternatively you can try Feather module and the Feather packages, where you can base your pages on their templates. Thus can have responsive layouts.
Here is a short video haw this works with Feather navigation widget.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

The feather option worked great!!  Thank you!!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2017 00:00

Hello.

I'm having the same issue and have applied the MVC navigation widget to a page set to Vertical.

Shrinking the viewport hides the full NAV  but does NOT spawn the stacked menu.

Are the additional include files or something else needed in the feather template?

We are using SF 9.2. 

This thread is closed