Form Builder Module support for HTML5 input field types (ema

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:14

Form Builder Module support for HTML5 input field types (email, tel, number etc)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2015 00:00

I’ve looked through the documentation for this but unable to find out – I’m trying to determine if the inbuilt Sitefinity Form Builder supports HTML5 form input types such as ‘email’, ’number' and ‘tel’?

We need these so that the correct smartphone keyboard is presented when a user focuses on a form input on a Sitefinity-built website. If anyone is able to enlighten us on this it would be great. I really hope it doesn't require any custom work as these types have been around for a few years now.

Thanks
Brendan

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

There are no such form widgets out of the box, however it is extremely easy to create them. You can check our documentation article about creating form widgets. The widget is created using Sitefinity Thunder Visual studio extension. Once created you can modify the template to include any input types and modify the code-behind to validate them in various way or use the designer's built-in regex validation.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2016 00:00

Has there been any update on this subject?

This thread is closed