Permissions for Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:19

Permissions for Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2015 00:00

I created a custom module called customer library where there are several customers and each customer has several folders with documents.  The module contains Customers(Title)>>Documents(Title,Document). I have modified the permissions on the Customers folder and the Documents folder where the files are stored based on roles but when I log in with user A and I copy the link of a Document folder from user B while logged in with user AI am able to see the documents of user B. For example:

If I copy the link below from user A and log in with user B and paste the link below while logged in with user B I am able to see user A documents.

/securedownload/customer-downloads/userA/merchant-info

Is there any way to restrict that action? Like I mentioned previously I have modified the customer and document permissions based on their specific roles. I have even exclusively denied access to the other roles and even then I am still able to access the folders and download the documents even though the user has been denied access to the content.

Thanks,

Hector Rodriguez

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2015 00:00

?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2015 00:00

Still having this issue...... Anyone????

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello,

Please, open a support ticket for this issue and include a detailed video of your test and the scenario. This will allow us to investigate in more detail and suggest a solution. After that, you can share the solution in the forum if you like.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed