How to Migrate the Content from Sitefinity 5 to Sitefinity 8

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:55

How to Migrate the Content from Sitefinity 5 to Sitefinity 8?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2015 00:00

Background:
My company is currently using Sitefinity 5 which is hosted with a hosting company. My CEO wants to upgrade to Sitefinity 8 and relocate to a more cost effective hosting company. We'll install Sitefinity 8 on the new servers located at the new data center. After which, we'll need to migrate all the content (posts, articles, tags, templates, extensions etc) to Sitefinity 8. During this time, the site using Sitefinity 5 is still up and running as per normal. Once the migration of content is completed, we'll shutdown the Sitefinity 5 servers and all users will start accessing Sitefinity 8 servers.

Question:
How do I migrate the content? We are not able to move the Sitefinity 5 VM image over to the new hosting company and perform an upgrade to Sitefinity 8.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2015 00:00

Hello,

This forum is duplicated with the following one: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/migrating-from-3-x-to-the-latest-sitefinity-version/how-to-migrate-the-content-from-sitefinity-5-to-sitefinity-8

We will get back to you in the other forum thread.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed