Sitefinity Workflow - Stop sending email notifications to Ad

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:22

Sitefinity Workflow - Stop sending email notifications to Administrator

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi Team,

I have created "2 levels of approval before publishing" workflow in my sitefinity site and added Ldap user as first and second level approver.  Also, checked option “Notify users by email when an item is waiting for their approval”.

When an item is sent for approval or publishing, approvers and administrators get email notification. I know that administrators are able to approve by default but my requirement is that administrator should be able to approve item but they should not get email notification that item is waiting for their approval.

Please let me know how can I stop sending email notification from workflow to administrators.

Thanks,

Lipi

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Lipi,

Please read the documentation on "Define Workflows" at http://docs.sitefinity.com/define-workflows and read step 8. Choose how to send notifications ().

Alternatively in a short:

Stop sending email notification from workflow to the administrators can be done by Disabling / Un-tick the option "Notify users by email when an item is waiting for their approval" (Administration --> Workflow --> Actions --> Edit Properties).

If it is needed to send notification to some other user/s without the admin then Enable/Tick the option "Send email to list of email addresses..." and list their email addresses.

Level one and Level two approvers email notification can be done as above ways.

Note: To customize the workflow notifications read the documentation on "Customize workflow notifications" at http://docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-customize-workflow-notifications.

Regards,
Arnob.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Lipi,

Please click here to read the documentation on "Define Workflows" and check step 8. Choose how to send notifications (docs.sitefinity.com/define-workflows).

Alternatively in a short:

Stop sending email notification from workflow to the administrators can be done by Disabling the option "Notify users by email when an item is waiting for their approval" (Administration --> Workflow --> Actions --> Edit Properties

If it is needed to send notification to some other user/s without the admin then Enable the option "Send email to list of email addresses..." and list their email addresses.

Level one and Level two approvers email notification can be done as above ways.

See the attached image for example.

Note: To customize the workflow notifications click here to read the documentation.

Regards,
Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed