Cannot configure new project (8.1.5820.0)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:20

Cannot configure new project (8.1.5820.0)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2015 00:00

I am trying to configure a new project and followed the wizard instructions. I opted for storing in the file system as I am on a Windows 7 machine and a previous FTP attempt failed.

The project was created and I validated the license. But when I went to administration and it launched the local webserver in my browser I got: "Invalid root node configured for pages. No root node with the name of  "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

Can someone tell me where I need to change this or is there another option I need to take?

Thanks

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi Dan,

The issue may occur if Sitefinity is not able to connect to its database or it is trying to connect to a database which is not the original database which the project has been created with. So, can you please go to ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration and open the DataConfig.config file in order to make sure that there is a connection string with name="Sitefinity" and it is pointing to the correct database.

You may also refer to the following KB article which may be also helpful:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base-old/when-sitefinity-project-is-deployed-to-production-server-an-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-frontendsitemap-error-is-thrown

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed