Not clear on how Azure provider works for storage

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:42

Not clear on how Azure provider works for storage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi guys,

I've setup a new provider hooked up to Azure for a library. The provider was hooked up and everything is good then I wired up a new library to use it. Uploaded a document to the Sitefinity library and it appeared in the container in Azure. That's all good.

What I don't know is we had blobs already in the container as we're uploading them from an outside source. We wanted to expose them through Sitefinity but the existing blobs are not showing up in the library.

Is there not a two-way sync happening with libraries or is it only there to upload documents and store them in Azure blobs instead of the database or file system. I also thought setting the public host would mean the url to the documents in the library would be what the Sample blob url shows. Instead it's just the Azure name so the document links are accountname.blob.core.windows.net/.../filename.ext instead.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2015 00:00

Hello Bil,

The Azure storage provider is an external storage where the media files are stored, but not a library synchronization. So the links to the files are the actual url, where the file is stored.

More information about the Azure Storage provider is available here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/configure-windows-azure-storage-provider

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2015 00:00

Okay that makes sense.

One more thing that's confusing is the host name for media files.  In our setup I've configured the storage provider with a public host of the site name (mywebsite.com for example). Files uploaded to a library connected to the provider have an embed link of http://mywebsite.com/container-name/docs/default-source/library-name/filename.ext?sfvrsn=1 however this results in a broken link. The actual URL is the azurewebsites one you can get from the container in Azure.

Is there something special you need to do to get the name to resolve to your hostname if you want to set this up?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2015 00:00

Hi Bil,

Sitefinity generates its own urls for media items. When this link is accessed, Sitefinity tries to retrieve the item and display it. In your case there could be some problem with the retrieving logic, but the exact issue should be investigated more detailed. I would recommend you to open a support ticket for further investigation on your project.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed