Roles and user Questions please

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:51

Roles and user Questions please

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2015 00:00

I have some staff members who I want to allow to upload images to libraries.    I want to let them upload the images, but I do not want them to have access to any pages.

Is there a "Role" I can assign them?   I've been experimenting, and some of the roles like "Designers" or "Authors" gives them access to PAGES.    I only want to allow then access to CONTENT.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2015 00:00

Hello Tom,

This can be achieved by creating a custom Role and set its permissions to only allow "Modify library and manage images" under Image section of the Libraries section and then assign the users to this role who will only upload the images.

Steps to follow:

Login as a Administrator.

Administrations->Roles->Create new role->Write a custom name for the role inside the role text box->Create

Click on Permissions on the right side of the newly created Role from the Roles list->Scroll to the Image under Libraries section->Click Change button->Select Allow box of the "Modify library and manage images"->Click Done. There will be a green tick mark right side of the "Modify library and manage images".

Go back to all items / Roles page, to set the users to this role.
Click on "Assign or Unassign Users" on the right side of the newly created role from the Roles list -> Select the users/staff members who will only modify/upload images to the libraries->Save changes

Please read our documentation on Roles at http://docs.sitefinity.com/overview-roles and it's sub sections for more details.

Regards,
Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed