Multisite Favicons

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:22

Multisite Favicons

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2016 00:00

Hi,

How do I implement different favicons for all my websites in a multisite environment? 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2016 00:00

Hi Johann,

Please refer to the below KB article for more details on this:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/set-different-favicons-for-each-site-in-sitefintiy-multisite

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sabrie,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to be clear about our requirement: We need for unique favicons to be displayed by users' browsers, depending on which site they are viewing. 

The title and description in the KB article (as well as the feature request logged in the feedback portal) describes changing the visible favicon in the Sitefinity backend. As much as that is a useful feature, that is not as critical to us as having different favicons display for our users per website.

Is that possible?

Johann, this is what I did, this is for a page template that uses the bootstrap ResourcePackage.

I have a config fils (some xml) where I have a mapping of siteName (how you named the site in multisite, and a favicon tag for the page head.

using SystemManager.CurrentContext.CurrentSite.Name will get you the siteName, and then I use that to go figure out what favicon to pick, and then with the HtmlHelperExtension, I return the head tag, and then put it in the head of the page.

drive.google.com/.../view

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2016 00:00

Thanks readonlychild. I haven't had time to look into this yet but will let you know when I do if it works for me.

This thread is closed