Custom Widget Creation Procedure

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:34

Custom Widget Creation Procedure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2016 00:00

Hello,

Our project runs with Sitefinity v7.1 CMS integrated. We tried two ways to create custom widget for drag-and-drop use.

On navigation bar, click Content and then template widget. Fill out the form and click save.
Create a .ascx file under the “\UserControls\Custom“ folder of our C# project and complied the project.

Neither way makes our widget appear in the “Custom” accordion for us to drag and drop on the right hand side of the editting page.

Therefore, we would like to request the correct procedure to create a custom drag-and-drop widget on Sitefinity.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2016 00:00

Also, I ensure that the checkbox under EventView is checked, as it's mentioned in the link below

www.sitefinity.com/.../built-in-widget-events-does-not-shows-in-drag-widgets---content-list-how-can-i-solve-this

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Kevin,

As far as I understand you would like to create a custom widget in your Sitefinity project and then to register the widget in the Toolboxes section so that you can drag and drop it on a page. You have created a web user control (.ascx file) in your Sitefinity project solution in Visual Studio.

In order to register user control in the Toolboxes section, please build the solution and check the below KB article:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/how-to-register-a-custom-widget-using-thunder

After you register the custom widget using Thunder, please restart the application in order for the changes to take effect. After that when you open a page for edit you will see the custom widget in the Toolboxes section and will be able to place it on a page.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed