Force Database Update

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:18

Force Database Update

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2016 00:00

In the process of upgrading from 6.2 to 8.2.  Test environment is already running 8.2, but I I would like to  grab a fresh copy of the live db and restore it to test db.  Is there a way to  trigger the db upgrade process again?  Thanks for you help!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2016 00:00

Hello Carlos,

It is not supported to connect Sitefinity project files to a database which has different schema version. In order to upgrade the Sitefinity project, please strictly follow the upgrade instructions as described in our documentation article: http://docs.sitefinity.com/upgrade

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

I followed the instructions when upgrading my test environment and everything is running great in 8.2 there, but I need to refresh the test database with a current copy of production (which is still in 6.2).   I know that I can upgrade the production database once I deploy, but I am not at that point yet.

I figured that if I overwrote the database in test and restated the site it would trigger the upgrade process again.... would that not work?

Thanks for your help!!

This thread is closed