User's Recently Viewed Items (Custom Module)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:02

User's Recently Viewed Items (Custom Module)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2016 00:00

Is there an easy way using Sitefinity Personalisation features to show a user their recently viewed items in a Custom Module?  I've seen this on lots of sites and I think it's useful.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello,

There is no out of the box mechanism that achieves this behavior.

One approach of achieving this behavior would be to create a short text field for the user profiles, to hold the IDs of the last three viewed items (or more). Then you can use the API to update that field when an item is viewed.

The last step would be to create a custom widget that queries the field, splits it into the three IDs, queries the items and displays them in a list.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2016 00:00

I was hoping to achieve this for guests of the site - non-users.  So I guess I would need to store the id numbers in a cookie?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello,

Indeed in this case probably the best option would be to use a cookie.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed