SiteSync question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:31

SiteSync question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2016 00:00

When I try to access SiteSync "/Sitefinity/Administration/Synchronization" I get a 404 error. I've followed the "Prerequisites and restrictions" documentation, and do not yet see the error in my setup. I believe IIS is setup properly. I double checked the handler mappings for .svc and xamlx. I've deactivated and reactive both the SiteSync module and "Feeds and notifications". I checked the "/Sitefinity/Services" folder and the SiteSync service is there as well. I've also double checked folder permissions.

I have checked the licensing and don't see an issue there.

I am running multiple Sitefinity sites on the same server, however this one site seems to have issues with SiteSync. The Sitefinity version is 8.2

Does anyone have some guidance on what I should check next?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

Usually when accessing pages in the backend, this is caused by a configuration issue in the environment or incorrect registration of the handler mappings in IIS.

The following KB article provides information and references on  :
Accessing pages in the Sitefinity backend throws 404 error

Some additional checks you can perform:
- can you see the Staging and Syncing page under the Administration tab? 
- or accessing it by manually typing it in the browser: Sitefinity/Administration/Synchronization? 
- are the backend pages for the Site sync module present under Administration -> Backend pages 
(Sitefinity > Administration > Tools > Staging & Syncing)?

If you see the backend pages there the issue must be related to the handler mappings, for which I refer to the forementioned KB article and documentation.

I'll include also this forum thread that also handles about a 404 error when accessing backend pages;
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/pages-in-backend-throws-404-error

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed