Code for photo gallery templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:12

Code for photo gallery templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi all,

can someone help me by posting / sharing the thumbnail and detail code for the photo gallery widget? At the moment I have

1. Thumbnails + Details page

2. Thumbnails + overlay (lightbox) page

3. Thumbnail strip and image on the same page

and

4. simple list

as options, however they haven't been set up correctly as part of our 'solutions' package. I don't really want to haemorrhage more money in an attempt to get the company to hand over a couple of very simple templates (which really should have come with our original 'solutions' package in my opinion) so if anyone can assist it'd be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2016 00:00

this is what the widget looks like - I neglected to post in my original message. thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi,

The following KB article provides information and references on how to download Sitefinity's default widget templates :
Download Sitefinity's default widget templates

Please review the article and get back to us with any feedback, additional questions or concerns. 

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Dimitri,

thanks very much for your answer. I downloaded these to our website. It turned out the templates were all already correct on there. I assume this means that there is something preventing the templates displaying correctly, despite the code being correct. I imagine there is a number of reasons that this might happen - our service providers are unable to establish what the problem is, despite the fact that they set the website up and the templates are correct. They've put it down to an unidentified 'bug'. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be. It's not very satisfactory that we can't display photos galleries anywhere on our website at the moment, despite the templates all being fine. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Kate, 

Can you please share a screenshot or a link what you are actually seeing because it is still unclear to me what the problem exactly is.

Also, the templates, both for the thumbnail list as the Detail page, are adjustable or to be consulted through the designer. Can you see the templates there ? 

screenshot:  http://screencast.com/t/3lzBvjqly9

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Dimitri. Thanks for your message. I can see exactly what is pictured in your screenshot. The four options for photo gallery lay out. I have also looked over the templates and they are all correctly written (I even re-downloaded the templates from the sitefinity website to make sure they were correct), however the galleries do not show correctly, regardless of the fact that the templates are correct.

For instance Thumbnails + Details page appears like attached image 1 when selected.

So does Thumbnails + Overlay

Thumbnail strip + images on the same page appears like image 2 below

Simple list appears like image 3 (with the bullet points)

All details pages look like image 4 - no next or previous buttons, picture tightly in the top left hand corner of the webpage.

The template contents are correct, but they're not correctly controlling how the images appear.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Kate,

Unless you are using any other customizations on the page or page template, the markup template of the Image Gallery should represent the images. I therefor suggest to try this on a page with no template.
ex. screencast.com/.../AXypBNgnBabq

Should you continue to have issues with this, I suggest that you open a Support Ticket so that this can be investigated in greater depth. It is quite possible that we will need a copy of you project to research this further.

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

This thread is closed