Page Template that can use other templates.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:32

Page Template that can use other templates.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2016 00:00

Hi there, have a master page page template that uses header and footer elements that I need to use within a different page template.  So I wanted to take my header element (which consists of 3 page layout sections and multiple content blocks).  

So I want to make that section into it's own stand alone template and then be able to drag that onto the new page template.  Is this possible?  (Note that i want to use the page template designer interface to make the header and footer template because the work has already been done using those features.)

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2016 00:00

FWIW, my experience is that a masterpage template needs to be the base of a template hierarchy.

However, from there on, there is nothing stopping you making the structure as complex as you like, and from creating custom layouts that you drag & drop according to your requirements, to build up a library of templates.

I use masterpage templates and custom layouts all the time (including custom layouts inside custom layouts) with the one main limitation being that they are incompatible with Sitefinity's responsive design system.

This thread is closed