Location Personalization

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:13

Location Personalization

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

We have followed the instructions at docs.sitefinity.com/segment-your-audience to set up pages with Personalization.

The user segment has been created to be for users with a Location of Florida (usersegment.jpg).  The page is set up with a personalized view for this user segment (personalizedpage.jpg). However, when going to this page (our location is in Florida) we have not been able to get the personalized content displayed.

Trying to do some debugging, on the instruction page it mentions that the GeoLite databases are used to determine location. Looking at our database I do not see any GeoLite tables listed.  Are these set up with a new Sitefinity install or something that need to be set up separately? On the page it only references the GeoLite databases when needing to upgrade.

We are using an Azure web app and Azure SQL.

Thank you.
~Susan

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi,

The location criterion in personalization evaluates the visiting user IP address to determine if a personalized page is to be displayed.

Once the IP is retrieved there is a search for the location in App_Data/GeoLocation folder. I have encountered problems with Location based personalization if the GetLocation files were out of date. This can occur if the site was upgraded tough the GeoLocation files were not replaced. To ensure all is functioning as expected update the GeoLocation files by taking the copy of those for the currently used Sitefinity version (create a new Sitefintiy project using the project manager for the version used and get the files).

Since the site is in Azure check wtih remote desktop if the uploaded copy of the site have the GetLocation files moved to the cloud. I suspect there may be a problem moving those files to the cloud.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed