Unable to connect to Sitefinity backend

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:28

Unable to connect to Sitefinity backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to access the sitefinity application (website) hosted on my web server. When i browse my website from the IIS, i get routed to https://localhost:8443 on IE (which is fine.) saying Login to Backend. As soon as i navigate to the URL localhost:8443/sitefinity the URL gets redirected to localhost:8443/.../SWT

and i get an error as below

Exception type: ItemNotFoundException 
    Exception message: You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

Detailed Error:-

Event code: 3005 
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
Event time: 31/05/2016 11:34:21 
Event time (UTC): 31/05/2016 10:34:21 
Event ID: bb74afaa10954ad8b4384e29dcb4a557 
Event sequence: 5 
Event occurrence: 1 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-131091644296935643 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: / 
    Application Path: D:\inetpub\wwwroot\SIT1\EmployerPortal\ 
    Machine name: <MachineName> 

Process information: 
    Process ID: 3508 
    Process name: w3wp.exe 
    Account name: MachineName\UserId 

Exception information: 
    Exception type: ItemNotFoundException 
    Exception message: You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.
   at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_c3e6f875d9b84d41be23f96a61e34191.GetPageNode(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetPageNode(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SingleSiteContext.SingleSiteProxy.get_SiteMapName()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetSiteMapProvider[T](String rootName)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.BackendSiteMap.GetCurrentProvider()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.RenderPage(HttpContextBase context, Guid pageNodeId, Action`1 pageAction)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.ClaimsResolver.RenderLoginForm(HttpContextBase context, String errorMessage)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information: 
    Request URL: localhost:8443/.../SWT
    Request path: /Sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT 
    User host address: ::1 
    User:  
    Is authenticated: False 
    Authentication Type:  
    Thread account name: MachineName\UserId 

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 11 
    Thread account name: MachineName\UserId 
    Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_c3e6f875d9b84d41be23f96a61e34191.GetPageNode(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetPageNode(Guid id)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SingleSiteContext.SingleSiteProxy.get_SiteMapName()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetSiteMapProvider[T](String rootName)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.BackendSiteMap.GetCurrentProvider()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.RenderPage(HttpContextBase context, Guid pageNodeId, Action`1 pageAction)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.ClaimsResolver.RenderLoginForm(HttpContextBase context, String errorMessage)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Please note : My App Server and DB Server are two different machines. And I have double checked, the SQL connection exists to the DB's from the Application server.

Any help on this front is appreciated as this issue is driving me nuts.!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Meenakshi,

You can check this similar discussion here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/you-are-trying-to-access-item-that-no-longer-exists-error-when-clicking-on-create-a-user-button#Hk8xJsE3622pWP8AAERlJg

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for the response. In my case the issue was that sf_page_data was empty rather than that it should have had the default pages in it. So, after figuring that out and restoring the proper database with contents, my problem got resolved. 

This thread is closed