Something weird happens when i try connecting to content db

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:41

Something weird happens when i try connecting to content db via my application in visual studio

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi Team,

There is this weird issue which occurs quite often when i develop my application. It all works fine and someday it doesn't connect to the content db hence not rendering the pages.

1. I run Visual Studio as administrator.

2. My local Userid has access to the configuration (xml) files folder and also to the database.

3. Checked my DataConfig.Config credentials and connection string (which is all correct)

4. Checked the SecurityConfig.Config and web.config there too its fine and unaltered.

But all of a sudden rather than connecting to the database and giving me the home page (first created page), it actually throws me a blank page with default template of sitefinity. 

Please could you let me know why this kind of inconsistent behavior happens with sitefinity DB. It will really of great help!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2016 00:00

Any advises on this please.. Telerik Experts..!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Meenakshi,

Do you have any errors in the Browser console (F12 > Console tab) or in the error logs ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs? Remove the files in advance, replicate the issue and check the above mentioned folder 

Are you experiencing that behaviour on different browsers or when clear the browser cache?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed