Help uploading custom thumbnails for videos

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:06

Help uploading custom thumbnails for videos

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi guys, 

I have a question regarding the creation of video thumbnails. I am uploading videos to sitefinity video gallery via Sitefinity API and i was wondering how I can upload a custom image via API for the video I am uploading. I have investigated but haven't found something about this topic. 

Hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Hi, 
Please have a look at following documentation article:

Use custom video thumbnail generation
http://docs.sitefinity.com/use-custom-video-thumbnail-generation

And blogpost:
Adding custom thumbnails sizes for Videos and Images in Sitefinity
www.sitefinity.com/.../adding_custom_thumbnails_sizes_for_videos_and_images_in_sitefinity

And additionally:
Add poster attribute to Feather Video widget
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/add-poster-attribute-to-feather-video-widget

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for answering, i included the OALPCustom in my project and I noticed that the Thumbnail.Data is obsolete, and it says that  "Since version 6.1 the blob data is stored in the Blob Storage for the MediaContent". Also the method CreateThumbnail is obsolete.

Is there a way to upload the video thumbnails using the blob storage?

Thanks,

Dehivis.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi,
Please observe following sample for uploading an image (green.png) as a thumbnail to a video (SampleVideo).

var manager = LibrariesManager.GetManager();
var id = manager.GetVideos().Where(v => v.Title == "SampleVideo").First().Id;
var thumbnailData = File.OpenRead("C:\\temp\\green.png");
using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
    thumbnailData.CopyTo(ms);
    var data = ms.ToArray();
    manager.UpdateThumbnail(id, data);
manager.SaveChanges();

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed