Disabling (or customizing) the alert when a user is already

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:26

Disabling (or customizing) the alert when a user is already logged in (Sitefinity 8.2)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2016 00:00

I would like to either disable or forward the user to a frontend page when the site detects the username and password is already in use from another browser.

"Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser. To proceed, you need to log him/her off."

If it's not possible to disable (or simply suppress and accept the logging out from the other browser), I'd like to be able to customize the location of the self-log-out page to cover up the Telerik Sitefinity CMS branding.  

Hi Troy.

If you want to redirect user to home page. You can do it like that:

1) Go to Sitefintiy Backend -> Administration -> Backend Pages

2) Edit page "User already logged in"

3) Add JavaScript widget and put this code:

window.location = "/";

If you want automatically log the user off and enter, you need to add JavaScript widget with this  code:

__doPostBack("selfLogoutButton")

If you want to customize styles, just put CSS widget and paste your CSS code

Thanks for the super-fast response, Victor.  I'll try this out

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2016 00:00

Hello Troy,

You can disable the self logout screen (user already logged in) following this documentation article:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/administration-configure-the-self-logout-dialog-recurrence

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Nikola,

In your attached documentation, it states this ONLY applies to Sitefinity sites with unlimited users (Enterprise). I've confirmed this is the case, the disable limit checkbox only works on sites with Enterprise licenses but not on sites with professional licenses.. Is there any other way to disable this for professional licensed sites?

Thanks,

Stu

This thread is closed