Personalization based on campaigns using UTM codes

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:14

Personalization based on campaigns using UTM codes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2016 00:00

Hi

I have been trying to use Sitefinity personalization to personalize pages based on the user arriving on our site from a URL using UTM codes.

So if they get to a page /example.html from a URL that is /example.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sfpersonal  then I want the content of example.html to be personalised accordingly.

I have tried creating a user segment that variously triggers based on Landing URL, Referral URL, even search keyword (derived from UTM Term). I've tried linking from a redirect landing page, but none of the above seem to recognize the UTM part of the URL.

The closest I have come to success is by creating a DEC persona (that then is picked up by SF personalization) that triggers on a rule where 'Participate in campaign' includes the UTM URL.

Unfortunately the persona is not recognised in DEC until the page has been landed on, so any personalization would only happen if the page was refreshed. Plus I don't think this is really what DEC personas are really for.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

John

This thread is closed