Why create more than one workflow in Sitefinity Standard?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:32

Why create more than one workflow in Sitefinity Standard?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2016 00:00

Our client's site generally makes use of the "Approval before publishing" workflow for all pages, but we have one page where this needs to be different. 

I considered a number of options: 
1. Set permissions directly on the page for this one particular user... doesn't seem to work or is not possible
2. Set permission directly on the page for a particular role... doesn't seem to work or is not possible
3. Set workflow for a particular page... doesn't seem to work or is not possible (wait let me guess - pay $6000 on top of the $2000 you paid to get this to work right?)

Is this at all possible? 

In all situations we want a 2 step approval process apart from one single page where one user will be allowed to edit and publish the page, but in no other circumstances should this user be allowed to do this. 

I'm baffled as to why Sitefinity standard allows you to create more than one Workflow? Perhaps I'm missing how this is intended to work. 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2016 00:00

Anybody?  

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2016 00:00

Hi Jacques. I can suggest you to do not elegant solution.

You can subscribe to Event (docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-idataevent) and  programmatically check that this is the page what you need and change workflow status

This thread is closed