Form submit confirmation not working for me on Sitefinity 6.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:24

Form submit confirmation not working for me on Sitefinity 6.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2016 00:00

Your assistance is very gratefully appreciated.

I am brand new to Sitefinity but have lots of experience in WordPress. I am struggling to get the necessary online form functionality enabled on an existing Sitefinity website that has not been updated in 3 years. 

I read this documentation on how to setup email notifications for form responses. docs.sitefinity.com/setup-email-notifications-for-form-responses 

Either I have made a mistake, or Sitefinity 6.1 does not have this enabled.  I can see that my test submission on the form did occur, but it did not alert the user their information was sent correctly, or did not send email notification for responses. Can someone assist me with making my forms function correctly? I really need forms that will work as they should without a developer's assistance. 

I am not a web developer so building custom functions is outside my expertise. Perhaps that will make the hackles rise in the many talented web developers out there, but not everyone has their talents. 

My rant: I cannot for the life of me understand how developers could add online form functionality to Sitefinity that does not have  complete out of the box functionality. A form that does not alert the user their information was sent correctly, or that does not send email notification for responses to the list of your choice is just wrong.

Again, I appreciate your assistance very much!

This thread is closed