Help understanding Sitemap generation and url link

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:22

Help understanding Sitemap generation and url link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2016 00:00

We have a Sitefinity 8.0 site and our Sitemaps were working at one point but have recently broken and I can't for the life of me figure out how to diagnose and fix the issue.

When I generate a new sitemap, it runs through the process and says "Sitemap generated successfully".  However the urls don't work.  The domain names in the urls are correct and match the site, but both the index and the sitemap files return a status=200 but give the following error:

/sitemap/sitemap.xml
HttpException: File not found.

at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.GetOutputItem(HttpRequestBase request, HttpResponseBase response, ICacheManager cache, String key, MediaContent& content)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase context)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I think the error is likely one of two issues:

1) Maybe the sitemap isn't actually generating and saving correctly.  Where would I look to find this?  Our default blobs provider is FileSystem, but I've tried with Database as well and don't see anything.

2) Perhaps the routing is messed up and the /sitemap/ route isn't going to the generator/handler correctly.  I can't figure out how to tell what is happening routing wise though, so any ideas would be appreciated

Also, the Sitefinity error and trace logs show only the same error above without any  additional useful info as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

This thread is closed