'~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:59

'~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2016 00:00

I have some web services that have been added as applications within my Sitefinity site.  When I try to disallow the inheritance in this child applications by wrapping the <system.webServer> section with <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> I get this error below.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do?  The error says "Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadStyleSheetManager" - I'm still relatively new to making a lot of changes to the webconfig file.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks so much!

Server Error in '/' Application.

'~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadStyleSheetManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadStyleSheetManagerDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: '~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadStyleSheetManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadStyleSheetManager

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: '~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadStyleSheetManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadStyleSheetManager] Telerik.Web.UI.RadStyleSheetManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +444 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

This thread is closed