How to: Customize subject line in built in Sitefinity form r

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:21

How to: Customize subject line in built in Sitefinity form response

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2017 00:00

I've found the thread that explains how to change the static "New form entry is submitted" text within the default template for form responses.  

Link to thread: www.sitefinity.com/.../changing-the-default-template-of-email-notifications-for-forms-responses

I wanted to take that a step further and see if there is a way of customizing the subject line based on user selected content within the form. I'm updating our current library site and the current contact form sends the notification to one address regardless of context. My updated contact form has a drop down list with common "What can we help you with" items. I would like to prepend their selection to the subject line of the notification email since we get around 40 responses a day. That will enable the receipiant to categorize the large number of inquiries.  
Or better yet specify a specific email address based on their selection from the drop down list i.e. questions pertaining to “memberships” would be sent to memberships@example.com and “issues with logging in” would go to admin@example.com.
Is this at all possible? 

Any help is most appreciated! 

This thread is closed