Backend Page Editor Not Clicking

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:00

Backend Page Editor Not Clicking

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi everyone,

I am working on integrating a new master page, and in the process, the backend of Sitefinity has stopped functioning properly. The buttons within the page editor view has stopped working. 

Attached is a screencap showing the specific links that do not click. Sitefinity is not frozen as I can still navigate in areas if I go back to the dashboard via the URL. 

Another thing to note is that my ContentPlaceHolders do not appear in the page editor from my master page.

Any thoughts about what may be causing this? Any are appreciated.

Thank you,

Maria

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi Maria, 

Something happened with JS, can you please attach screenshot of your browser console?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi Victor,

Yes, you are correct that something happened with the JS. I've attached screencaps of my console and what my master page looks like where I'm calling in scripts.

If I remove line 33 of my master page (the no-conflict script), Sitefinity starts working again but my dropdown menu does not. My sc.js file is the script that makes my dropdown menu work.

I appreciate your help in reviewing this. I've been trying to figure out how to get my scripts to work properly for the past two weeks. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2017 00:00

Hi Victor,

I was reviewing another thread (www.sitefinity.com/.../trouble-including-jquery) and used JavaScriptEmbedControl, and it all looks to be working okay now. See attached screencap.

Does this method look to make sense?

This thread is closed