SSL Certificate removed on Language Selection

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:30

SSL Certificate removed on Language Selection

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2017 00:00

Hey guys,

we are running Sitefinity for our B2B shop. The Sitefinity pages are on a web server which is only accessible by passing through a Web Application Firewall. This WAF does handle the requests and SSL certificate via our Domain and forwards requests and information to the web server and provides the info from the web server to the client.

It works fine except one thing: Language selection. When I hit a different language, it will remove the SSL from the URL. So e.g. I am on blahblah.blah.com/dashboard and decide to change the language to german, I get blahblah.blah.com/.../dashboard, which cannot be opened and results in an error for the user.

What is so special on the language selector? How can I handle this correctly? Is the WAF the problem? But why does it work on everything but this?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Kai, can you please check that SSL configured correctly in SF settings docs.sitefinity.com/administration-configure-ssl

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Victor,

thanks for you fast reply. Hadn't have the chance to reply so far. I looked up the settings and those are as requiered before I wrote the topic here. unfortunately the docs-Page is not available right now. I attached screenshots of the settings per page and per system. I can't think of something more specific there...

This thread is closed