Questions about AUTO Store Mode for Sitefinity Configuration

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:06

Questions about AUTO Store Mode for Sitefinity Configuration Files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2017 00:00

I am reviewing the new "AUTO" storage mode for configuration files and noticed that once it is turned on it will move SOME config files to the database. I noticed that the DataConfig.config is one of those files, which seems interesting to me because the connection string to the database is stored in that location. Also, I noticed that the documentation does not say to move the connection string to the web.config. So I have a few questions around this AUTO storage mode in Sitefinity based on the documentation from the link below...

Auto Storage Mode of Configurations
docs.sitefinity.com/auto-storage-mode-of-configurations

QUESTIONS
1. Should the database connection string be stored the web.config, similar to the DATABASE storage mode for Sitefinity configuration files?

2. I have a couple custom configuration files that follow the prescribed Sitefinity process for creating configuration files. Is there anything special that would need to be modified in my custom code when the storage mode has been switched to AUTO?

3. Has anyone seen any issues with moving to AUTO storage method for configuration files?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is closed