Fresh install, no accounts

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:27

Fresh install, no accounts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2017 00:00

Hi,

I have a Sitefinity instance working locally; no errors, all fine.

I wanted to test a deployment scenario, where I publish from Visual Studio into a local folder where I already mapped in IIS to run the site at a defined hostname.

I wanted to see if I could use the "working code" with a fresh database.

1. I created a new database, and updated the connection string with the new database and login.
  2. Ran the site in IIS
  3. Sitefinity initiated an upgrade from 1 to 6400 (Installed version of sitefinity is 10.0.6400.0)
  4. Installation (or rather the upgrade) finished without any visible issues and landed on the Sitefinity login page.

However, during installation it didn't ask for creating an account. I checked the database for `sf_users` table, there were no records in it either.

So, what did I miss here? How could I install Sitefinity on a blank database?

I really appreciate any guidance here. 

Cheers,

Osman

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2017 00:00

Hi Osman,

You need to force Sitefinity's installation process. You need to follow this step:

• Delete all config files from the folder App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration EXCEPT the file projectConfiguration.config. This one needs to stay but you will have to remove the only note for the site id in it.

After that, you need to recycle app pool on your website. Then Sitefinity will ask you questions about DB connection, admin user and etc.

P.S. Removing configs will delete all yours Dynamic modules, and everything.  It will be completely clean 

This thread is closed