Turn off output caching for a widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:07

Turn off output caching for a widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2017 00:00

I'm wondering if there is a way to turn off output caching for specific  custom widgets.. or pages that they are on.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?  

I do know about the substitution control; from my understanding it just will insert updated html/text where the control is regardless if output caching is happening.  Even with that being the case, I don't think it is complex enough to insert a whole user control?

Currently I have a bunch of forms that are custom widgets.  I have some logic to hide and show panels based on a user being logged in or not on page load.  Output caching makes it so Page_Load doesn't always fire.  I need a way for Server functions to always be fired regardless of output caching and then being able to change the visibility of asp controls. (I would rather not go to every single page and turn off Output caching in the page options.. if avoidable).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Curt

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2017 00:00

Hello Curt,
How did you solve this ? Did you get any help from Sitefinity Support ?
We are trying to solve the same problem with our custom widgets ?
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2017 00:00

Hi Ronnie,

We did not. We ended up turning output caching off on the page settings which is not ideal. I spent quite a long time researching it and it was taking too much time to figure out. If you do end up finding out a solution, I'd still be interested to know!

Curt

This thread is closed