Sitefinity 6.3 Roadmap

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:54

Sitefinity 6.3 Roadmap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi all,

These are the current plans for Sitefinity 6.3 which will be released January, 2014:

• Custom URLS in pages – users can set any URLs on a page, notwithstanding its place in the in the hierarchy. (see forum post)
  • Comments:
    • Email Notifications in comments
    • Applying Batch actions in Backend
    • Option to enable Reviews (Comment + Rating)
  • Custom taxonomies in Content widgets - custom taxonomies associated to content types show as by default as filtering options in the Content widget designers
  • Custom attributes in Pages ,Taxonomies and Forms - available through the backend dialogs UI 
  • Widgets templates revision history: when a widget template is modified, a new version is created. Users can revert to older version (like it works for all other content)
  • Forums: Added option to specify allowed file extension per Forum.
  • Module Builder: Module export/import includes changes to UI in addition to changes in data model
  • Site Sync: Improved usability on the screen with items waiting for sync: displayed parent item, added sorting option and ability to filter by taxonomy.
  • Analytics: Multisite support
  • SEO improvements
  • Ecommerce:
  • > Multi-tier pricing  - option to specify prices for a tier,.i.e. when one book costs $10, user can specify that 10 books cost $5 each
  • > Import of taxes – taxes can be imported from excel
  • > Automatically generated thumbnails in products  

Possibly:

• Forms: Added option to specify a list with emails to receive notification on Form responses.

It really would be nice to see a list of all PITS issues about to be resolve or at least to see them as in progress in PITS. 

As for
Widgets templates revision history: when a widget
template is modified, a new version is created. Users can revert to older
version (like it works for all other content)

Nice but I woud rather be able to pick different widget for download list for example instead of beeing given a workaround which I need to apply on every new project.

Some thought 6.3 and 6.4 would heavy be on fixing long outstanding stuff on bug list and wish list.

Markus

PS: Steve you can save the time posting back about this  - I know what you think :-)

What does "Custom attributes in Pages ,Taxonomies and Forms - available through the backend dialogs UI" mean?  

Are we finally getting custom fields for pages?!

@Craig, yep custom fields :)  Just the backend stores them as attributes (key\value pairs)...taxons do this now there's just no UI to add\edit them, so this is awesome news!  To us the devs they will operate as the other custom fields do.  Except with attributes you can do cool things like do a custom attribute for a single page.

@Markus I will anyway ;)  I want that widget to have better template functionality as well, but you can SURELY see the benefit of global template versioning OVER that right....clearly more important.

@Kali Any chance for LISTS instead of forms for attributes, or is this whats facilitating the (maybe) email "lists"? I am bummed related content gets yet again bumped, but its a quick release and we are getting good things.  With lists I'm always wanting to apply some extra data, but always end up needing crappy "generic" text fields (meta field 1, 2, 3, etc).

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2013 00:00

@Kali:  "Module export/import includes changes to UI in addition to changes in data model"

Does that mean if we add custom filters they'll be persisted  when the model changes, or is this just literally on import\export of the module definition.

This thread is closed