HDP Installed using Postgres database - Unable to login

Posted by vtechofficial on 02-Apr-2020 14:45

Hi All - I got HDP installed using RDS Postgres database, the installation success however I'm unable to login to UI as admin, it says invalid credentials. There are errors in the tomcat and DDS logs which seems to be pointing to DB connection. 

Can some one help me here, I;m looking to evaluate this version. 

Error on DDS Logsin:

02-Apr-2020 13:32:43.490 SEVERE [main] [system].[initialize environment] Exception handled:
com.ddtek.cloudservice.servlets.ddh: Account DB JDBC Connection - error getting prepared statement for statement id 6: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [DD Cloud OP][PostgreSQL JDBC Driver][PostgreSQL]relation "systemlimits" does not exist.

Attached logs. [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/261/Logs.zip:320:240]

All Replies

Posted by Christopher Hensley on 02-Apr-2020 18:04

A previous failed install left the account database in a bad or incomplete state. The HDP Server is attempting to query the account database, but failing because of the previously failed install against the same account database. The existing database will need to be deleted and the product reinstalled.

Posted by Christopher Hensley on 02-Apr-2020 18:04

A previous failed install left the account database in a bad or incomplete state. The HDP Server is attempting to query the account database, but failing because of the previously failed install against the same account database. The existing database will need to be deleted and the product reinstalled.

Posted by vtechofficial on 02-Apr-2020 19:10

Hi, did a full reinstall and and it does all ok and install correctly, however the connection/access issu still persist. I tried install couple of times including flush schema.

Are there list / commamds for db users, need to cross check? I'm already giving full acess over target schema to db users.

Posted by Christopher Hensley on 04-Apr-2020 20:26

Did you drop all tables from the account database before reinstalling?

Posted by Christopher Hensley on 04-Apr-2020 20:26

Did you drop all tables from the account database before reinstalling?

Posted by vtechofficial on 09-Apr-2020 15:42

Yes, I did drop all tables and reinstall.

The trick which worked and resolved my issue of login, is reinstall using option "install on premise connector = yes". Initially I wasn't choosing this option. My understanding was I dont need any such connector since I'm just looking to use server.

If you can give me some feedback here I'm doing right. Because after successful installation, its all looking OK and was able to test APIs.

Posted by vtechofficial on 09-Apr-2020 15:42

Yes, I did drop all tables and reinstall.

The trick which worked and resolved my issue of login, is reinstall using option "install on premise connector = yes". Initially I wasn't choosing this option. My understanding was I dont need any such connector since I'm just looking to use server.

If you can give me some feedback here I'm doing right. Because after successful installation, its all looking OK and was able to test APIs.

This thread is closed