Web Caching After KUIB Deployment

Posted by randyer on 03-Apr-2019 15:30

When you publish a new release of a KUIB Application, our users have to clear their web cache and cookie to get the latest version.  The KUIB Application Build is to publish to IIS Web Server.  Is there a seamless way of handling web caching of a KUIB Application after deployment?

Thanks,

Randy

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 24-Apr-2019 15:46

Hello Randy,

Sorry for the delay on providing a response.

The KUIB development provided feedback and suggested the following:

1) Disable caching on IIS:

- stackoverflow.com/.../how-to-disable-caching-of-single-page-application-html-file-served-through-iis

- On the app, you can produce assets with different file names every time you build. This should already be happening which seems to indicate that the issue happens with index.html which is the only file that is not generated this way.

Is this still an issue?

Perhaps, it could be worked out via Technical Support to gather more info (dist folder of app).

I hope this helps.

Thank you and regards,

Edsel

Posted by wes.rector on 24-Apr-2019 17:03

Hi Edsel,

About this - "you can produce assets with different file names every time you build" - is there a KUIB option for this? I'm using version 3.0.5 and whether I do a debug or release build the files always have the same names.

Thanks, Wes

Version: 3.0.5

Commit: 75828e7ec9470847e3c7b26135bcde1dbd1328ff

Schema Version: 1.4.23

Posted by wes.rector on 24-Apr-2019 20:13

Edsel,

I should have mentioned this too, we're still doing AngularJS, not Angular. Does your comment apply to both?

Thanks, Wes

This thread is closed