Kendo UI Builder Release Notes and Roadmap

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 14-Nov-2018 18:14

Is development/support for Kendo UI Builder ending? The link below shows only a short term roadmap that goes up through Sept 2018. I would expect there to be current short term and long term goals of some sort here if the product actual has a future.

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-ui-builder/roadmap/

Also, where can I find the release notes for 3.0.5. I'm trying to find the differences between the latest version and 3.0.190.

Thank you,

Tim

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 14-Nov-2018 20:45

Please post your question to the Kendo UI Builder forum  at www.telerik.com/.../general-discussions. You can find the release notes here although I do not see anything except for major/minor versions.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Shelley Chase on 14-Nov-2018 20:45

Please post your question to the Kendo UI Builder forum  at www.telerik.com/.../general-discussions. You can find the release notes here although I do not see anything except for major/minor versions.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 14-Nov-2018 21:24

Hi Shelley,

Like you mentioned, the closest thing I could find for release notes was a brief description of 2.0, 2.1, and 3.0. Very minimal information.

We have active licenses for Kendo UI Complete and Kendo UI Builder (purchased through Progress, not Telerik). The Telerik site only shows Kendo UI Complete in our products list. Below is all that I can see at the link you sent me. From my previous experience, since we bought our licenses through Progress, Telerik won't give us support unless Progress tech support forwards us to them. It seems like this might apply to the forums as well.

How can I get access to the forums?

Thank you,

Tim

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 14-Nov-2018 21:25

Looks like my screenshot wasn't posted. Here is the text I get:

Premium Forums

You can participate in these forums only if you have a trial or commercial license (see our FAQ).

Community questions can be directed to the "kendo-ui" StackOverflow category.

Posted by vjug on 30-Nov-2018 15:23

What is the purpose of this "roadmap" at www.telerik.com/.../ if it is not maintained? And how many forums and pages should be use to get some information about KUIB? We started to use KUIB almost a year ago and it was not a pleasant ride. Only useful resources are this forum and some presentations from events like PUG and there is a big lack of more complex examples. Progress always had a great documentation and lot of examples and whitepapers but with KUIB I feel we are mainly on our own.

This thread is closed