KUIB 3.0 App generation failed

Posted by chamberlen.betat@mckee.com on 27-Jun-2018 14:33

I am trying to generate my app and it is giving me an error.  

There is nothing in the console >_ OUTPUT window at the bottom of the KUIB application. How can I find out what JSON file it is referring to? 

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jun-2018 15:11

Considering that this issue is seen when generating an app, it is likely that it is one of the files in the meta folder.

Either the Application.json, <Module>.json or <DataProvider>.json.

I hope this helps.

Posted by chamberlen.betat@mckee.com on 28-Jun-2018 17:37

Issue was I had merged changes from 2 different branches and had to resolve some conflicts in one of the json files. Afterwards, the .orig file had stuck around and KUIB was apparently trying to use that file since it was in the same directory as the other modules. Deleting the file fixed the issue.

It would be very helpful if KUIB would say what file it is looking at rather than just a position of the error, does KUIB create any generate logs that contain it? Or could we see it in a future update?

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 27-Jun-2018 15:11

Considering that this issue is seen when generating an app, it is likely that it is one of the files in the meta folder.

Either the Application.json, <Module>.json or <DataProvider>.json.

I hope this helps.

Posted by chamberlen.betat@mckee.com on 28-Jun-2018 17:37

Issue was I had merged changes from 2 different branches and had to resolve some conflicts in one of the json files. Afterwards, the .orig file had stuck around and KUIB was apparently trying to use that file since it was in the same directory as the other modules. Deleting the file fixed the issue.

It would be very helpful if KUIB would say what file it is looking at rather than just a position of the error, does KUIB create any generate logs that contain it? Or could we see it in a future update?

This thread is closed