KUIB Component Access

Posted by GregHiggins on 05-Apr-2018 16:38

Now that I'm on my 6th or 7th build of this app, I've come to a few realizations, one of them has to do with the component layouts. So I'm hoping to get a few "amens", or some "hell yas" or even the odd GFY considering my relationship with some of the audience. Anyway I'm suggesting:

1) Lets put Navigation components either before or immediately after Editors.  I think before then the folks who are Data Mgmt focused could quickly add some buttons, etc, but I'm willing to listen to reason (those who know me know this is not really true, but I can pretend [:P]).

2) Maybe it's just me, but I'd push charts all the way to the bottom of the list.

3) Do we really need 3 separate categories for Scheduling, Media, and Custom? We can't just have an OddsNEnds or Misc category?

All Replies

Posted by jts-law on 05-Apr-2018 17:29

Luckily I have been fortunate enough to not have to rebuild my app over and over.  When I do have to setup a new view, I find that I use more Custom HTML blocks than Scheduling or Charts.  For this reason, my vote would be to move Navigation and Custom before Editors.

Referring back to a previous post, if I could have the components rearranged or be able to change the order of the tabs in a tabstrip, I would definitely take the tabstrip changes.  I have a feeling I'm going to need to change the order of mine which is just plain going to suck.

Louis

Posted by GregHiggins on 05-Apr-2018 17:57

Being able to change the order of tabs is a big win for everyone. How do things like this slip out the door?

This thread is closed