Use A Local JavaScript Library Within KUIB

Posted by randyer on 02-Apr-2018 12:06

I have a local JavaScript library that I would like to include in my KUIB project.   I do a npm install <JavaScript Library>.   The JavaScript Library installs in the <project>/app/node_modules folder.   In addition, it modifies the <project>/app/package.json file to include the JavaScript Library under the 'dependencies' section.  When I do a KUIB 'Generate' on my project, the 'package.json' file removes the JavaScript Library from 'dependencies' section.

What is the correct way to install a local instance of a JavaScript Library?

Posted by egarcia on 02-Apr-2018 12:46

A possible way to use a local JavaScript library is to add it as custom module/service:

- community.progress.com/.../2924.how-to-add-a-custom-module-and-service-in-kendo-ui-builder-2-0

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 02-Apr-2018 12:46

A possible way to use a local JavaScript library is to add it as custom module/service:

- community.progress.com/.../2924.how-to-add-a-custom-module-and-service-in-kendo-ui-builder-2-0

I hope this helps.

Posted by wes.rector on 09-Apr-2018 20:29

Hi Edsel,

What we're trying to do is allow users to export grid data to an Excel workbook, as in this example from Kendo UI for jQuery:

docs.telerik.com/.../introduction

It's the JSZip library that we want to use but we aren't sure how to add a reference to it that KUIB won't overwrite, and I'm not sure what we'd have to do to create a custom service that does the same thing that we could use in an Angular module. Do you have any further advice for us?

This thread is closed