It's only 3 records

Posted by GregHiggins on 08-Mar-2018 06:41

I'd like to turn off the paging display code for the datagrid when it serves no purpose.  Is there a way to do this? Everything blows up if I leave the Page Size blank or 0. (That was unexpected behavior.)

Posted by egarcia on 08-Mar-2018 10:15

Hello Greg,

You can set the pageable.alwaysVisible property to false.

You can set the property in the constructor in controller.public.js:

constructor($scope, $injector, stateData) {

super($scope, $injector);

this.$model.options.pageable = {

refresh: true,

alwaysVisible: false

};

}

For the Data Grid view, you use this.$model to refer to the model of the grid. For a view created using the blank view template, you would use this.$components['grid0'] to refer to the grid.

Related links:

- demos.telerik.com/.../pager-visibility

- docs.telerik.com/.../pageable.alwaysvisible

I hope this helps,

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by Dustin Grau on 08-Mar-2018 07:58

There is a relatively new feature in KendoUI that provides "endless scrolling" in a grid. Through this feature you can make use of paging behavior while effectively hiding the display of the pager or the fact that data is being returned in chunks of records. If you already have your business entity configured to make use of server-side paging, then the majority of the tweaks would be in the KendoGrid component itself. Granted, I'm not exactly sure how to enable this through the KUIB-generated screens, but the feature should be there.

demos.telerik.com/.../endless-scrolling-remote

Posted by egarcia on 08-Mar-2018 10:15

Hello Greg,

You can set the pageable.alwaysVisible property to false.

You can set the property in the constructor in controller.public.js:

constructor($scope, $injector, stateData) {

super($scope, $injector);

this.$model.options.pageable = {

refresh: true,

alwaysVisible: false

};

}

For the Data Grid view, you use this.$model to refer to the model of the grid. For a view created using the blank view template, you would use this.$components['grid0'] to refer to the grid.

Related links:

- demos.telerik.com/.../pager-visibility

- docs.telerik.com/.../pageable.alwaysvisible

I hope this helps,

Edsel

Posted by GregHiggins on 08-Mar-2018 12:22

Thank you. I try reading the doc, but it confuses more than it educates. These sorts of direct examples help sooner or later (most likely later ) I'll get my head around this.

This thread is closed