Menu Options

Posted by curtiscooper on 12-Jan-2018 09:56

In converting our Character screens to Kendo UI, we have a lot of menus and submenus and are trying to figure out the best way to setup a menu system. 

The only way I see to break up menus is by using multiple Apps -- multiple Module icons - and finally multiple views that display on the left column. 

I also see a tab widget that would allow us to have multiple views with a single view. 

Are there any other options for menus and submenus? 

Is it possible to have a Module icon open a sub-Module (with more icons to select from)? 

Is there a way to use a pull down menu like you would see in a desktop app (i.e. File - New, Open, Save, Close, etc...) - that would be ideal. 

Any other ideas for menu flow?

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Radoslav Kirilov on 17-Jan-2018 02:55

Hi,

Using kendo component in your case depends on your UX and business requirements.
If you want to replace the side navigation you can try overriding the entire side-navigation view. Ang to use any kendo component which presents hierarchical data:
For example:

import sideNavigationTemplate from './../common/side-navigation-extended/index.html';

import sideNavigationController from './../common/side-navigation-extended/index.js';

// Import your custom modules here:

export default angular.module('app.extensions.module', [

])

.run(['$state', '$rootScope', function($state, $rootScope) {

var state = $state.get('module.default');

if (state && state.views && state.views['side-navigation']) {

state.views['side-navigation'].templateUrl = sideNavigationTemplate;

state.views['side-navigation'].controller = sideNavigationController;

}

}]).name;

Please note that I got sideNavigationTemplate and sideNavigationController from common/side-navigation-extended folder but you can put the view in a different place.
I hope this helps.
Best,
Rado

This thread is closed