Dynamic URI setting for The Service URI and Catalog URI on a

Posted by PeterWokke on 11-Oct-2017 05:25

During development of an App with Kendo UI Builder you have to set the Server and Catalog URI.

For example http://localhost:8810/SportsInc

When you need to deploy the App and great access by public internet the server IP and used port are totally different.

Are the URI definition dynamic and just depending to the OEPAS where it is installed and deployed?

What happens when you import an App in KUIB the ports defined in the imported App have been assigned to another PAS on your localhost? You have to adjust the URI settings on each Data Provider?

Posted by egarcia on 11-Oct-2017 06:02

Hello,

Currently, there is no option to dynamically set the URIs used for a data provider.

However, you can manually modify the data provider JSON file in the meta/dataProviders folder in the project.

There you can set serviceUri and catalogUris to change the location.

When deploying a web app, either using Publish/Debug or Publish/Release, you can update the file data-providers.json to point to the data service(s) used in production.

Please let me know if you need more information.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 11-Oct-2017 06:02

Hello,

Currently, there is no option to dynamically set the URIs used for a data provider.

However, you can manually modify the data provider JSON file in the meta/dataProviders folder in the project.

There you can set serviceUri and catalogUris to change the location.

When deploying a web app, either using Publish/Debug or Publish/Release, you can update the file data-providers.json to point to the data service(s) used in production.

Please let me know if you need more information.

I hope this helps.

This thread is closed