Grid Popup Editor with Additional Field

Posted by jts-law on 25-Sep-2017 08:34

Hello,

What is the best method for having a field on a grid popup editor that isn't on the grid?  I couldn't find a KUIB example but the following came from Kendo site and shows 2 different ways of doing this.  I really don't want to have to recreate the fields on the popup that are already there (first/preferred option per this old post).  The second option may be the way to go but I'm not sure the best way to code it within KUIB 2.  I was also thinking maybe I could put all of the fields I need in the popup on the grid, and then try to hide the columns.

Per Kendo forum:

The best way to add an additional UI editor to the edit form is to define a standalone editor form. Thus you will gain full control over the editors and you can add/remove event fields. I would suggest you review the following how-to demo:

Of course, if you would like to add only field and you think the effort of building custom editor form is not justified, then you can add the custom editor manually in the edit event of the widget. Here is a demo that shows this approach:

What is the recommended method and do you have an example of doing this within the KUIB controller.public.js?

Louis

All Replies

This thread is closed