KUIB 1.1 Data Object Service for sample code

Posted by bbrennan on 21-Mar-2017 18:30

I am playing with the new version of KUIB 1.1.  I have been working on the Github samples.

https://github.com/CloudDataObject/kendo-ui-builder-samples

I am trying to duplicate the behavior in the Master/Details sample and am struggling.  Can someone please post the business entity definition used for this sample.  I have tried to duplicate this in my own environment and just can't seem to figure out how to get both files available into a single BE.  

I am using the steps found in the Sample Workflow document to create the various pieces.  Business Entities, Data Objects and even using the Developer Studio are all new 'things' to me.

I think I am struggling with how to get 2 business entities into a single data object but I could be wrong.  Looking at the ABL used for the Master/Detail sample might help.  It could also be that there is some magic using the Eclipse environment that is just evading me.

Thanks for helping me stop banging my head on the desk,

Bob

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Mar-2017 19:38

Hi Bob,

Please find the attached sample Business Entity class file which is built on Customer and Order tables.

With respect to Business Entity code generation in PDS OE (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge), we can use ‘New Business Entity’ wizard. Please find below steps:

1)      Create an ‘ABL Include’ file with specific schema (inclusive of two tables)

2)      Create Business Entity by selecting the above created include file

3)      This will create a Business Entity with all CRUD operations in it

4)      Now we can create ABL Service (Data Object service) using the above created Business Entity file.

We can also include two individual Business Entities (or resources) in the while creating the ABL Service (Data Object service) using ‘New ABL Service’ dialog as below:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

All Replies

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 21-Mar-2017 19:12

Hi Bob,

Please send me an e-mail (rperdiga@progress.com) with your availability tomorrow and I will help send you an invite to help you.

Warm Regards,

Ricardo Perdigao

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Mar-2017 19:38

Hi Bob,

Please find the attached sample Business Entity class file which is built on Customer and Order tables.

With respect to Business Entity code generation in PDS OE (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge), we can use ‘New Business Entity’ wizard. Please find below steps:

1)      Create an ‘ABL Include’ file with specific schema (inclusive of two tables)

2)      Create Business Entity by selecting the above created include file

3)      This will create a Business Entity with all CRUD operations in it

4)      Now we can create ABL Service (Data Object service) using the above created Business Entity file.

We can also include two individual Business Entities (or resources) in the while creating the ABL Service (Data Object service) using ‘New ABL Service’ dialog as below:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

This thread is closed