Additional database and port

Posted by Giorgi Kviraia on 15-Mar-2017 05:59

Hello all, i have little problem, usually when i try to connect another port to retrieve database information from server, port which is in use stops working, i noticed that from day one but did not gave it big attention, now i have to use another database and it should not force to stop existing database which is in use from web page on server, trying to retrive database information and use it from virtual box, think this way existing base will procced to work and i can make new page using kendo  ui builder. is there any way to achive this? because when i try to connect database from virtual box, schemas is not visible, i see the table, but its empty. any ideas how can i manage to use different database, on different ports at same server.? thanks in advance for your time

Posted by egarcia on 15-Mar-2017 16:49

Hello,

Using different databases on different ports on the same server should not be an issue. The key is that the port should be available.

I wonder if you are running into a potential conflict with port 3000.

KUIB uses port 3000 for the server component.

Regardless of the port that you use for the database server (broker) (let's say port 20000), one of the server processes may use IPv4 port 3000 to communicate if it is available at the time.

If this is done prior to starting KUIB, you might run into a scenario where the IPv4 port 3000 is in use and KUIB is only able to bind to IPv6 port 3000.

Some web browsers may fail trying to access the IPv4 port because it is not an HTTP server.

To avoid this scenario, you would just specify the -minport <port#> as a startup parameter for the database.

More information on your configuration and about messages in the log files would help to understand the issue.

Do you see any error message in the log files, including the database log file?

Which tool are you using to look at the schema (table is shown but schema is empty)?

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 15-Mar-2017 16:49

Hello,

Using different databases on different ports on the same server should not be an issue. The key is that the port should be available.

I wonder if you are running into a potential conflict with port 3000.

KUIB uses port 3000 for the server component.

Regardless of the port that you use for the database server (broker) (let's say port 20000), one of the server processes may use IPv4 port 3000 to communicate if it is available at the time.

If this is done prior to starting KUIB, you might run into a scenario where the IPv4 port 3000 is in use and KUIB is only able to bind to IPv6 port 3000.

Some web browsers may fail trying to access the IPv4 port because it is not an HTTP server.

To avoid this scenario, you would just specify the -minport <port#> as a startup parameter for the database.

More information on your configuration and about messages in the log files would help to understand the issue.

Do you see any error message in the log files, including the database log file?

Which tool are you using to look at the schema (table is shown but schema is empty)?

I hope this helps.

Posted by Giorgi Kviraia on 16-Mar-2017 05:12

Have added Port number in startup file at back-end and it worked.

This thread is closed