Kendo with java

Posted by Giorgi Kviraia on 28-Feb-2017 02:19

hello all.
i have 3 questions.

1. is there any free source of kendo ui with java? (like kendo ui core)
2. is it possible to code with java in developer studio and bind it with kendo ui builder? (kuib 1.0 kuib 1.1)
3. is there any free source of kendo ui mobile? (if yes can you provide me with some links or demos?)

Posted by egarcia on 28-Feb-2017 14:20

Cordova, formerly known as PhoneGap, is a framework that lets you write mobile apps using web technologies (HTML5, JS and CSS).

I think that choosing one software component vs another, depends on the architecture that you want/need to use.

Perhaps, a way to approach this would be to look at the whole picture, end to end, Client and Server, and determine the software components that are required and then see how the other components that you are interested on would fit.

I hope this helps.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 28-Feb-2017 05:10

Hello,

This question would be better answered in a Telerik forum http://www.telerik.com/forums .

Could you provide more information on your requirements and what you are trying to solve?

One of the Telerik products listed on the web site is UI for JSP http://www.telerik.com/jsp-ui .

This product allows to write server side code with JSP and render the web UI using Kendo UI.

However, I do not know if it is free. Also, this product does not integrate with Kendo UI Builder.

There is no specific functionality to do Java with KUIB.

Technically speaking, you can build a Java server (with or without JSP) and implement the same protocol as is used for REST with OpenEdge.

Do you want to use Java on the server side? Are you connecting to the OpenEdge database or other databases?

For Mobile support, you can use Telerik Platform which has support for hybrid apps Web UI with HTML5/JS using Cordova and also NativeScript support to provide a native UI using JavaScript as your client programming language.

www.telerik.com/platform

www.telerik.com/nativescript

NativeScript is open source and can also be used from the command line.

https://www.nativescript.org

It all depends on what you are trying to achieve.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Giorgi Kviraia on 28-Feb-2017 05:16

JSP on Telerik web page is not free source.kuib builder do not support java coding, only angularjs, what about Cordova, i will try it.

i'm trying to achieve more coding on java and less on angularjs or ABL.

Posted by egarcia on 28-Feb-2017 14:20

Cordova, formerly known as PhoneGap, is a framework that lets you write mobile apps using web technologies (HTML5, JS and CSS).

I think that choosing one software component vs another, depends on the architecture that you want/need to use.

Perhaps, a way to approach this would be to look at the whole picture, end to end, Client and Server, and determine the software components that are required and then see how the other components that you are interested on would fit.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Feb-2017 14:26

Kendo UI Builder for Cordova = Telerik Platform.  

This thread is closed