Invoke Function Call

Posted by Bidhan Sthapit on 15-Dec-2016 03:26

Hi,
I'm am using KUIB 1.1 and trying it's blank view.
This is the view I created following the tutorial provided.

I have added button with name "Invoke". I want to call an invoke type operation when i click on the invoke button. I have assigned onClick event with function name "onInvokeCall". And also defined onInvokeCall in view-factory.js file.

I have also defined a invoke type method GetCreditInfo() in the CustomerBE.cls. I want to call this function when i click in the invoke button.

I have followed this tutorial.
https://documentation.progress.com/output/pdo/index.html#page/pdo%2Fclient-javascript-code-3a-an-invoke.html%23
But, I'm confused how to invoke function and how do i subscribe to the afterInvoke events in KUIB. I have attached the files I'm working on.

Regards,
Bidhan

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/255/customer_2D00_list.rar:320:240]

Posted by egarcia on 15-Dec-2016 05:31

Hello Bidhan,

The key to calling invoke operations is to access the JSDO instance associated with the datasource.

Your reference to the JSDO would look like "this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo" or "this.customerDS.transport.jsdo" if you have saved the reference in the view factory.

Please notice that the sample code saves a reference to the model. This works fine if you are working with a form, however, if you are using a grid or a grid + form, the model instance may change and the saved reference would not point to the current model.

Once that you have the JSDO instance,  you would use the invoke() method:

this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.invoke("GetCreditInfo", {});

You can handle the response from the invoke operation either via a subscribe or a promise. (You can also use both, i.e., use a promise and also subscribe to the AffterInvoke event.)

If you prefer to use a subscribe, you can specify it in the onShow in the view-factory.js using the following code:

this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.subscribe("AfterInvoke", "GetCreditInfo", this.onAfterInvoke);

If you prefer to use a promise, you would call the invoke operation and specify a function for done and for fail:

var promise = this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.invoke("GetCreditInfo", {});

promise.done(function (jsdo, success, request) {

console.log("Success: " + JSON.stringify(request.response));

});

promise.fail(function (jsdo, success, request) {

console.log("Error: ");

});

Please let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 15-Dec-2016 05:31

Hello Bidhan,

The key to calling invoke operations is to access the JSDO instance associated with the datasource.

Your reference to the JSDO would look like "this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo" or "this.customerDS.transport.jsdo" if you have saved the reference in the view factory.

Please notice that the sample code saves a reference to the model. This works fine if you are working with a form, however, if you are using a grid or a grid + form, the model instance may change and the saved reference would not point to the current model.

Once that you have the JSDO instance,  you would use the invoke() method:

this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.invoke("GetCreditInfo", {});

You can handle the response from the invoke operation either via a subscribe or a promise. (You can also use both, i.e., use a promise and also subscribe to the AffterInvoke event.)

If you prefer to use a subscribe, you can specify it in the onShow in the view-factory.js using the following code:

this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.subscribe("AfterInvoke", "GetCreditInfo", this.onAfterInvoke);

If you prefer to use a promise, you would call the invoke operation and specify a function for done and for fail:

var promise = this.scope._$ds.CustomerDS.transport.jsdo.invoke("GetCreditInfo", {});

promise.done(function (jsdo, success, request) {

console.log("Success: " + JSON.stringify(request.response));

});

promise.fail(function (jsdo, success, request) {

console.log("Error: ");

});

Please let me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Edsel

Posted by Bidhan Sthapit on 16-Dec-2016 04:50

Hi egarcia,

Thanks for the response. It works.

This thread is closed