Kendo UI Builder - internatonalize / globalization

Posted by p4m on 21-Nov-2016 10:02

Hi,

I'm evaluatting the KUIB and I miss the globalization feature of the Telerik Kendo.
I would like to provide german  texts and dialogs to the users as well as date field formats (dmy and not mdy)  etc.

Is this only in the EVAL-version not available?

Are there plans for Globalization?

thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Posted by egarcia on 23-Nov-2016 16:45

You are welcome Wolfgang.

I changed the culture settings in a app and I was able to get a field using Semantic Type of Currency to show using Euro whereas by default it uses the Dollar sign.

For this particular usage, I changed index.html.ejs. It is an .ejs template. I did not need to change a view template for this.

I changed <project>/resources/webapp/index.html.ejs to contain the following text:

<!-- build:js({.tmp,app}) scripts/scripts.js -->

<script src="scripts/kendo.all.js"></script>

script src="scripts/kendo.culture.de-DE.js"></script>

<script src="scripts/progress.all.js"></script>

<!-- endbuild -->

<script type="text/javascript">

kendo.culture("de-DE");

</script>

I changed the .ejs file in an existing project, however, you could also change KendoUIBuilder/generator-starnova/generators/app/resources/webapp/index.html.ejs if you want new projects to use the customized version.

The culture scripts are not currently included with Kendo UI Builder.

You can find the culture scripts in GitHub:

github.com/.../cultures

The code at the bottom uses kendo.culture() to set the culture.

See overview document docs.telerik.com/.../overview

If you need to set the culture dynamically, you can use the approach used in the following example:

demos.telerik.com/.../index

I hope this helps,

Edsel

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Nov-2016 18:46

Hi Wolfgang,

Currently we don’t have out of the box support for the Internationalization from KUIB perspective and is in the pipeline for upcoming versions of KUIB.
However, the Kendo UI control set has some support for globalization/internationalization. Please find below details from Kendo UI documentation:

Demo example of grid control with localization support:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Posted by egarcia on 22-Nov-2016 06:08

Hello Wolfgang,

A possible approach would be to update the code in the view template file so that the corresponding JavaScript file (as described in the links mentioned by Anil) is included in the generated apps.

I hope this helps,

Edsel

Posted by p4m on 23-Nov-2016 13:45

Hello Edsel,

thanks for the hint. But where is the view template file located?

thanks

Wolfgang

Posted by egarcia on 23-Nov-2016 16:45

You are welcome Wolfgang.

I changed the culture settings in a app and I was able to get a field using Semantic Type of Currency to show using Euro whereas by default it uses the Dollar sign.

For this particular usage, I changed index.html.ejs. It is an .ejs template. I did not need to change a view template for this.

I changed <project>/resources/webapp/index.html.ejs to contain the following text:

<!-- build:js({.tmp,app}) scripts/scripts.js -->

<script src="scripts/kendo.all.js"></script>

script src="scripts/kendo.culture.de-DE.js"></script>

<script src="scripts/progress.all.js"></script>

<!-- endbuild -->

<script type="text/javascript">

kendo.culture("de-DE");

</script>

I changed the .ejs file in an existing project, however, you could also change KendoUIBuilder/generator-starnova/generators/app/resources/webapp/index.html.ejs if you want new projects to use the customized version.

The culture scripts are not currently included with Kendo UI Builder.

You can find the culture scripts in GitHub:

github.com/.../cultures

The code at the bottom uses kendo.culture() to set the culture.

See overview document docs.telerik.com/.../overview

If you need to set the culture dynamically, you can use the approach used in the following example:

demos.telerik.com/.../index

I hope this helps,

Edsel

Posted by p4m on 24-Nov-2016 16:56

Hello Edsel,

thanks a lot, this works fine - currency and date fields are formatted quite well.

Now I did the next step - on ice: I added <script src="scripts/kendo.messages.de-DE.js"></script> to the index.html.ejs.

I expeted that the texts with the column filtering feature should bee translated - but this is not working. Perhaps we have to wait for the upcomn version release?!?

kind regards

Wolfgang

This thread is closed